Thursday, June 4, 2009

In need of "hearts" for your Etsy Shop?

The past few days on Twitter have proved to be good with Etsy Shop "heart" requests. I've even gained a few hearts for my own shop – which is a good thing, considering I started out with 25 this week. Still... can you believe it?! I see some folks with over 750 hearts and they've only had their Etsy shop about one year. How did they do it? Hmmmm?

Your thoughts? Any suggestions for the "heart" - less folks? Course, if you just don't like a shop or their craft/s in it... why would you "heart" them at all?

3 comments:

DalkullanJewelry said...

Maybe they belong to a big street team and the members go around and heart the others. They've probably been at etsy a lot longer.
Maybe some shops are just more loveable than others. lol
I wonder what the correlation is between hearts and sales. I've done a little research into that, just looking at how many hearts a big seller has, and they always have a lot of hearts.
Online marketing is certainly a challenge.
It's taking up more of my time than actually producing jewelry. There's something addictive about it, a variable reinforcement schedule or something.

Runway Crochet said...

Yes, takes up a bunch of time for me, too. I don't think there's a right or wrong answer for it though. Seems like different things work for different people. What works for some, doesn't work for me, etc.

Still, lots of "hearts" are nice though. You must admit!

DalkullanJewelry said...

A lot of hearts would be very nice, definitely.
I've been tracking the heart thing, and I've noticed if I comment on the forums and on the storque I tend to get hearts that day.